Awareness of First Aid for Mental Health
Anyone can be affected by a mental health condition either themselves or a family member, friend or colleague.
This awareness course is suitable for everyone as it provides learners with the knowledge to recognise a suspected mental health condition and the skills to start a conversation and be able to signpost a person towards professional help.
All members of the public can benefit from this course and it is a great stepping stone into First Aid for Mental Health.
A range of Mental Health First Aid related subjects are covered including:
- What is mental health first aid?
- Identifying mental health conditions
- Providing advice and starting a conversation
- Mental health conditions
- A maximum of 16 students are allowed on the course and must be a minimum of 16 years of age. A certificate can be offered to all, subject to assessment.
- A range of methods are used, including practical and questioning (open and multiple-choice).
- A Level 1 Award in Mental Health First Aid Awareness will be issued to the learner, subject to successful assessment. There is no expiry of the qualification, but annual refresher training is recommended.