1-Day First Aid for Mental Health
Anyone can be affected by a mental health condition either themselves or a family member, friend or colleague.
This course is suitable for everyone but has been designed to help employers to provide a positive mental health culture within the workplace and to provide learners with comprehensive knowledge on a range of the most common mental health conditions and the skills to be able to act should a condition be suspected.
Learners undertaking this course will be considered First Aiders for Mental Health and be a point of contact within the workplace to help and support those with a suspected mental health condition.
Building on the Level 1/4 Award in Awareness of First Aid for Mental Health this course introduces the First Aid for Mental Health Action Plan which allows learners to provide their peers with comprehensive guidance and support for a suspected mental health condition. Learners will be able to provide signposting to professional help and support that person whilst they are receiving professional assistance.
This course also covers the effects of drugs and alcohol and provides learners with the skills and knowledge to assist employers in implementing a positive mental health culture to support employees within a workplace.
- A range of subjects are covered including:
- What is First Aid for Mental Health?
- Identifying mental health conditions
- Providing advice and starting a conversation
- Drugs and alcohol
- First Aid for Mental Health action plan
- First Aid for Mental Health in the workplace
- A maximum of 16 students are allowed on the course and must be a minimum of 14 years of age. A certificate can be offered to all, subject to assessment. Assessment A range of methods are used, including practical and questioning (open and multiple-choice)
- A Level 2 Award in First Aid for Mental Health will be issued to the learner, subject to successful assessment. This qualification is valid for three years from the date of achievement. It is strongly recommended that the learner attends annual refresher training. The learner will need to complete the full course again to requalify for a further three years.
In-House / On-site courses
- Why not consider an onsite course. With instructors based throughout the UK, Omnis are able to provide training at your premises, at a time and date to suit your requirements. We currently deliver courses for many national and companies throughout the UK.