QNUK Level 3 Award in First Aid (Annual Refresher) (RQF)
Who is this for?
This qualification is for those that hold a current First Aid at Work or Emergency First Aid at Work qualification, who are in need of an annual refresher as recommended in the Health and Safety (First aid) Regulations 1981 and the Health and Safety (First aid) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 1982.
Please note, this qualification is intended to ensure candidates maintain their skills during their qualification period. This is not a re-qualification, qualification.
Guided learning hours (GLH) 3 hours
- Be able to assess an incident
- Conduct a scene survey Conduct a primary survey of a casualty
- Summon appropriate assistance when necessary
- Be able to provide first aid to an unresponsive casualty
- Identify when to administer Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Demonstrate CPR using a manikin
- Justify when to place a casualty into the recovery position 2.4 Demonstrate how to place a casualty into the recovery position
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is experiencing a seizure
- Be able to provide first aid to a casualty with external bleeding
- Identify the severity of external bleeding
- Demonstrate how to control external bleeding
- Know how to provide first aid to a casualty who is in shock
- Recognise a casualty who is suffering from shock
- Identify how to administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock
This qualification is aimed at those over 16 who are able to undertake the responsibilities associated with being a workplace emergency first aider. Candidates between 14-16 years can undertake the qualification, however they should not be relied upon by employers to be a sole emergency first aider. It is recommended that candidates have a minimum of Level 2 literacy and numeracy or equivalent.
Attendees will be required to demonstrate first aid procedures as they would in a real work environment. This includes providing CPR to a casualty who is on the floor, therefore be physically capable of doing so. There are no other pre-requisites for this qualification.
Progression route: Candidates may progress onto the following qualifications:
- QNUK Level 3 Award in First aid at Work (RQF)
- QNUK Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work (RQF)
Detailed information can be found in the Qualification Specification including the qualification structure and codes, entry requirements, qualification delivery, certification and re-qualification, Learning Outcomes and Assessment Criteria and assessment information.
If you have any questions about this qualification you can contact us HERE
Candidates are assessed for this qualification using the following methods: • Practical observation Practical observation Candidates are required to demonstrate capabilities in performing Basic life Support as they would in an emergency situation, therefore, candidates will need to be able to work on the floor; for example, as with CPR.
All candidates are required to complete the assessment criteria in a manner appropriate to the purpose of the qualification. The prescribed assessment methods for this qualification should not unfairly disadvantage candidates, who would otherwise be able to demonstrate competence in the assessment criteria and in line with the purpose of the qualification. If you feel the assessment methods above would disadvantage you please contact your centre to discuss reasonable adjustment.