QNUK Level 1 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace (RQF)
Who is this for? This qualification is the ideal introduction to understanding the principles of health and safety in the workplace. This qualification is typically undertaken by those with no previous qualifications or experience of health and safety. The qualification is perfect for young adults as a part of an alternative curriculum, or by those entering or re-entering the workforce.
Understand the importance of health and safety in the workplace.
- 1.1 State what is meant by health and safety at work.
- 1.2 Define the key terms used in health and safety.
- 1.3 State the main legal responsibilities of employers and employees with respect to health, safety and welfare in the workplace.
Understand the scope of hazards and risks in the workplace.
- Identify common hazards and risks with reference to:
Slips trips and falls
Working at heights
Machinery and vehicles
Understand the range of workplace conditions that can affect health and safety.
- 3.1 Outline the benefits of maintaining a tidy, well organised workplace.
- 3.2 State the importance of maintaining suitable environmental conditions.
- 3.3 Outline the welfare facilities that should be provided.
- 3.4 Identify the different classes of health and safety signage.
Understand the requirements for workplace procedures.
- 4.1 Explain the need for reporting accidents, ill health, dangerous events and near misses.
- 4.2 Outline first-aid provision requirements in the workplace.
- 4.3 Identify the types and uses of personal protective equipment.
- 4.4 Outline the importance of personal hygiene.
Pre-Requisites: This qualification is available to those over 14 years. Candidates should be at least a level 1 numeracy and literacy or equivalent
Progression route: Learners may progress onto the following qualifications:
- QNUK Level 2 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace (RQF)
- QNUK Level 2 Award in Principles of Workplace Risk Assessment (RQF)
- QNUK Level 1 Award in Principles of Fire Awareness at Work (RQF)
This qualification is assessed by multiple choice questions.
Multiple choice questions
There is a single multiple choice question paper. Learners must achieve a minimum of 70% to pass.
Which of the following best describes a warning sign?
- A A red circle with a line through it
- B A yellow triangle with a black symbol
- C A blue circle with a white symbol
All learners will have an opportunity to access fair assessment to demonstrate evidence of skills and knowledge. Requests for reasonable adjustments can be made to the Centre delivering the
Detailed information can be found in the Qualification Specification including the qualification structure and codes, entry requirements, qualification delivery, certification, Learning Outcomes and Assessment Criteria and assessment information
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us HERE