2 Day Site Management Safety Training Scheme CITB
OHSS offers Site Management Safety Training Scheme Refresher (SMSTS-R) OHSS Trainers offer Site Management Safety Training Scheme in Widnes, Runcorn, Warrington Liverpool, Manchester and Lancashire. And In-House Courses nationwide.
The SMSTS Refresher is a 2-day training course designed for candidates who have already successfully completed the SMSTS Course and wish to renew their certification.
A refresher course on safety training is essential because an SMSTS certification is one of the best and most respected qualifications those in managerial and supervisory positions can acquire. When you take an SMSTS refresher course, it shows workers that the site manager is not only familiar with but also updated on health and safety matters. This, in turn, provides the assurance that the site manager is equipped to spot or prevent potentially dangerous situations at the worksite.
CITB requires that all delegates must undertake the SMSTS Refresher course prior to the expiry of their SMSTS certification. CITB grants are available for all eligible employers, or those registered to CITB.
The refresher course aims to:
- improve awareness of recent developments in construction, legislation and health, safety, welfare
and environmental issues
- identify measures that will assist the practical
- implementation of responsibilities established by new
legislation and new working practices.
All SMSTS course certificates are valid for 5 years from the date of issue and delegates will be required to provide proof that their current SMSTS certification is in date in order to attend the Refresher Training.
- The current focus of the Health and Safety Executive’s attention
- Risk assessment and method statements
- Construction Site Health, Safety and Welfare
- Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations (RIDDOR)
- Behavioural safety
- Occupational health
- Overview and changes to the current legislation affecting construction
This is a highly interactive course taught through case studies, classroom discussion, group work and individual or group presentations.
- Continuous assessment. You need to attend the 17.5 hours – see the Site Safety Plus attendance requirements.
- Multiple-choice test.
This course can be booked by employers to train groups of workers. You can have between 6 and 16 people on a course.
We deliver the course at your work premises or at a venue you choose.
For More details on In-House Courses Select HERE
Mandatory entry requirements
- A valid SMSTS certificate gained in the last five years. You must take this course before your certificate exprires.
- To be able to read, write and understand English to a good level. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
- If you need to re-sit the test, you must do this within 90 days of the original course date at an additional charge
- You will need to provide a valid ID on the first day of the course, such as a copy of your passport or driving licence. See accepted forms of ID.